ZombieFeastMud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Powers

2 posters

Go down

Special Powers Empty Special Powers

Post  Admin Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 am

I'm thinking about unlockable special powers (similar to perks)
that could be bought and used depending on combined skills/stats/metaphysics etc.
An example would be
Liquid Armor, a power for those with telekinesis and craft armor which would allow to condense a liquid into
an effective armor but must be constantly maintained with essence.

Same thing could be done with weapons..
Elemental Weapon, a power for those with an elemental metaphysics and craft weapon that would allow
to manifest an elemental weapon.

It could also be used for races.
Crawlerform, a mutation for mutants that have the razor tongue and claws mutations that makes the infected
constantly crawl but allows wallclimbing and long range leaps.

Suggestions and comments very welcome.

Admin
Admin

https://zombiefeastmud.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Special Powers Empty Re: Special Powers

Post  Sturg Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I would be interested in what sorts of metaphysical crafting skills we could come up with. I'm not sure about liquid armor per-se. Water doesn't compress and if you suspended it via essense, how much force would be needed to bypass it? It would effectively be a wall of force from D&D. Maybe fusing crystals or some other material that normally couldn't be manipulated would be a better option? (This would also allow different weights for the equipment.) I do like the idea of metaphysics working in conjunction with other skills/items. I'd be interested in seeing what meta-tools we could come up with.

I'm not sure how razor tongue + claws = super jumps. Might need a little more too that combo, though I do like where its headed. One of my favorite powers of all time is the ability to swallow something whole. Might be restricted to large+ monsters/PC's.

Sturg

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Doesnt a mutant infected with a razor tongue and claws ring a bell?
Rather than the actual ability giving you the superjumps it is a prerequisite to unlock a crawlerform power.
Normally infected are bipedal, crawlerform (similar to a licker) makes the infected mutate into this form (toggleable but not instant)
forcing the infected to crawl but allowing to pounce, leap great distances and much easier wallclimbing.

Yeah liquid armor seems similar to a wall of force, basically is but it has a cool customized effect which is what I was going for.
Blood armor for evil character types.. even urine or beer armor for fooling around characters?
I'd like those unlockable powers to add customization to each characters, unlocking some powers would restrict others
to make each character more unique. One should be able to make a character without using any unlockable power and
not be too underpowered.

That's the plan, anyway, I'm still a bit far from completing these though helping with a list will definately speed up the process.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sturg Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 am

Totally missed the crawler form. Yeah, that makes enough sense. I'm still a little worried about the logistics behind liquid armor, though it does sound like it offers some sexy options. I'd be curious as to how we might be able to make it more realistic while still epicly functional. Breaking the laws of physics is somewhat counter productive... It'll take me some time to think up some sort of crafted weapons and armor that could apply that theory to it.

As an aside, as I currently understand it, you can describe your character however you want. What is stopping this from simply being a graphical effect? Someone wants water/blood/beer armor? Why can't they? Or maybe make that an option (Unlockable?) for characters who generate illusions. Options. Options are good.

Sturg

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Sadly I'm not a physics expert Razz
What was thought was the liquid suspended with telekinetic powers in the form of an armor and it's thickness.
Swinging weapons underwater is usually ineffective with large weapons, add to it the telekinetic energy charge
to repulse anything through it and you have a suspended armor made of a liquid that slows down anything trying to pass through it.

Illusions might be a way of doing it but then it's armor behaves normally.
I think the above explanation makes enough *sense* doesn't it?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum